Features to look for and water bath comparison chart
Water baths are ideal for maintaining temperature set points over a long period of time. When heating up samples, at some point, you may need to use this type of equipment. If you need to purchase one for your lab, where do you begin? When selecting a water bath, here is a quick rundown of features to review before you purchase:
- Capacity – Different sizes and depths are available.
- Analog or digital – Digital can provide more precise operation.
- Temperature range – Look to make sure the temperature range will meet your heating needs.
- Temperature stability – Uniformity is crucial to keep your samples at set temperatures.
- Overtemperature protection – Ensure your water bath won’t overheat with this built-in safety feature.
- Materials – Water baths are available in stainless steel and plastic. Stainless steel will resist corrosion and provide durability.
- Lid – Lids help the water bath reach the maximum temperature and also with temperature uniformity.
WB-200 Series Digital Water Baths
Use these general-purpose digital water baths for a wide range of laboratory applications.
- Digital display with timer and temperature
- Corrosion-resistant 304 stainless steel tank
- Built-in overtemperature protection
- Supplied with stainless steel gabled cover
- 2-year warranty
Cole-Parmer water bath comparison chart
Designed with the latest technology and high-quality materials, the new Cole-Parmer water baths provide optimal performance and protect samples with features such as superior temperature uniformity, durability, and overtemperature protection. The water baths are easy to use and ideal for a wide range of general-use laboratory applications. Look at the guide below to determine what Cole-Parmer water bath will meet your needs.